Peter Fearnside was the founding partner and CEO of Marshall Day Acoustics Australia. He has been responsible for the development of the company’s business in Australia, S.E. Asia and China and has led the company for over 30 years. In July 2017, not only did the company celebrate its 30th anniversary but Peter also stepped aside from his role as CEO, announcing the appointment of co-CEOs, Amanda Robinson and Christophe Delaire.
Peter remains a Principal of Marshall Day Acoustics in Australia and continues to support Amanda and Christophe. He is committed to working with Marshall Day, particularly for the China market, and in a mentoring capacity for the management team.
Peter has extensive experience in the room acoustic design and theatre planning of performing arts centres, television, film and radio broadcasting facilities and specialist buildings. In 2011 he was on the jury to select the architect for the Cairns Performing Arts Centre in Queensland, Australia. Architects participating in the completion included Zaha Hadid and Shigeru Ban.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, City University, London, UK
- Fellow of the Institute of Engineers, Australia
- Chartered Professional Engineer, Australia 49318
- Fellow Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association
- Member of the Australian Acoustical Society