Sandy Marshall is a Senior Consultant in the Sydney office. She completed a Masters of Design Science (Audio Design) at the University of Sydney, and joined Marshall Day in 2006. Sandy has been involved in both acoustic consulting and theatre design services for performing arts venues, television studios and religious venues for over ten years.
Her experience includes:
- Design and review of spatial layouts
- Design and specification of sound reinforcement and theatre equipment infrastructure
- Design and specification of architectural acoustics
- Sound insulation and building services noise control
Sandy has been involved in the review of existing facilities to provide practical solutions for upgrade, overcoming operational challenges and modernising facilities. She was part of the team responsible for the design and specification of the sound reinforcement system and associated infrastructure upgrade in the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall. Other projects include the provision of acoustic and theatre advice during the design and construction of The Concourse, Chatswood, Engadine Community Centre, and the recent refurbishment of Maitland Town Hall.
Sandy enjoys the challenges of working across both acoustic and theatre design, which gives her a holistic approach to understanding project needs and client requirements.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Masters of Design Science (Audio Design), University of Sydney, 2006
- Advanced Diploma in Sound Production and Audio Engineering, JMC Academy, 2004
- Associate Member of Institute of Acoustics